Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I fix "A Generic Error Occurred in GDI+" ?

How do I fix "A Generic Error Occurred in GDI+" ?

What causes this error and how do I resolve?  Help!!

Re: How do I fix "A Generic Error Occurred in GDI+" ?

Same here. Getting it on My ACT For Web Premium 12 which was upgraded from APFW 11 on Win Server 2003.

Regards

Astute Commentator

Same thing here for ACT!2009 Premium.  The GDI Objects hits 9999 and out it goes then either the Generic Error message or a bitmap error message.

I have a client that switches back and forth between Contacts and Contact List frequently to view notes and then tag records depending upon what she reads.  This switching back and forth quickly fills the GDI Objects up and her ACT crashes.  I find this happens with this activity whether on their database or the ACT Demo database and on EVERY machine I have now tried it on.

Was there ever a resolution for the GDI Objects leak? 

Kier Shapiro

6 Tech Calls later I was told there is no current fix known and they would push the error up the support levels, for possible inclusion in a future update.  Very frustrating.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Is your machine fully up to date with Microsoft Critical and Recommended updates?

Is your Graphic card completely updated with drivers from the vendor? (Perhaps ATI ?)

GDI is usually specific to the video driver, so I would check with the vendor for updates first.

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Astute Commentator

All Microsoft Updates were applied.  Also, different machines with different video cards were tested and the latest video drivers were installed as part of our troubleshooting... No change in the GDI issue.

Kier Shapiro

Kier Associates

Bronze Elite Contributor

Our experience under ACT! 2009 after a huge amount of testing and substituting machines, cards, drivers and varying layouts is that it is not able to be resolved. It's occurance is related to the users work habits in ACT!, the problem will occur with rapid swiching of records and multiple Lookups. It relates to the History being on view. The GDI Objects issue will crash ACT! when it gets to a critical level that quickly avalanches to 9999. It is a problem with ACT!

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

I'm getting the same issue. Getting it on My ACT For Web Premium 12 which was upgraded from APFW 11 on Win Server 2003.

Any followup info? 

Error occurs on Windows 2008R2 64bit TS server w/Outlook integration after several minutes.  This is a new machine and has only one user currently connected.  Machine may sit idle the whole time before message occurs.  There are no log messages to report.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Which version of ACT! ?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog