Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I Edit "Administrator"?

How do I Edit "Administrator"?

Regarding ACT! Premium Version 10,

The problem outlined:

Every account I enter is showing the administrator name to be the first account and contact I entered into the system

IE. Allen Wu from Bowe Bell and Howell. When I run reports it lists the "Administrator" of the program as Allen Wu with the Bowe company name in the upper right hand corner of each page.

In an attempt to edit the Administrator field to show my name and company, I created a new administrator "Stephen"(myself) , the thought was to have a second option and edit all the accounts I created. When I shut down the program and restarted it, ACT asked for the administrator to log in. I logged in as "Stephen" but ACT stated that my version was only purchased for one user and I was trying to log in with a second user. I then tried to log in as the original use Allen Wu, but it also requested a password, and I don't recall ever creating a password. Every password I may have used does not open the program.

The questions:

1) Is their an I forgot my password field or a default password I can use to get in and delete the second administrator so it stops requesting a log in when the program loads as it did prior to creating the 2nd administrator?

2) How can I properly edit the administrator field to show the correct name and company?

Thanks,

Stephen

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How do I Edit "Administrator"?

First, it sounds like you've entered the first record by over writing your My Record instead of creating a new record. You might try this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/4nvauu

If you are logged in as an Administrator, you can delete the other user or mark them as inactive - when only one user and no password, I think it won't ask

Mike:

Thanks for the info. The advise is great if I could get into the program, but I'm locked out of it. I only have access to the Demo portion of Act. When I go to My Record in the demo it gives me the Demo account manager.

When I open my Act data base I created, I get a window prompt requesting a password under Allen Wu, which I can figure out. I can't get in with the 2nd user I created because the program will only allow one user.

I can't edit anything. I can't get in with the old user name. I didn't set up a password or if I did, I forgot it. The second user name does not allow me to open ACT because the program is only good for one user, so I'm locked out under both names.

Is their an I forgot my password field I can select when I receive the prompt to type in my password. I am not able to access the program in the database I created. I only have access to the Demo portion of the program. Please help!

Copper Super Contributor

You may have already tried, but i'd thought i'd ask anyways because it wasn't mentioned. Have you tried logging in and leaving the password blank?
Michael Kadlec
Act! Certified Consultant
Corelogix Corporation
Copper Contributor

Do you by chance have a backup of the database from a few days prior to making the user changes?

If so -- gas the database that you cant get into - and import the backup

Platinum Elite Contributor

stephen151 wrote:

Mike:

Thanks for the info. The advise is great if I could get into the program, but I'm locked out of it. I only have access to the Demo portion of Act. When I go to My Record in the demo it gives me the Demo account manager.

When I open my Act data base I created, I get a window prompt requesting a password under Allen Wu, which I can figure out. I can't get in with the 2nd user I created because the program will only allow one user.

I can't edit anything. I can't get in with the old user name. I didn't set up a password or if I did, I forgot it. The second user name does not allow me to open ACT because the program is only good for one user, so I'm locked out under both names.

Is their an I forgot my password field I can select when I receive the prompt to type in my password. I am not able to access the program in the database I created. I only have access to the Demo portion of the program. Please help!

Try this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/4f3wn3