Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can open/restore data base from adf or pad file ? Please help, urgent! Thank you.

How can open/restore data base from adf or pad file ? Please help, urgent! Thank you.

Briefly.
We did not do backup of our data base on old server.
We copied folders with adf and pad files only and moved all structure to our new server.

I can't open the database as there is communicate saying:

The database xxx could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewarll software on your coputer or the server. 

I tried everything to access the file, but can't do this.

Anyone can help to resolve the matter?

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How can open/restore data base from adf or pad file ? Please help, urgent! Thank you.

I hope you stopped the SQL services before trying to copy the files or it's possible you may have not copied them intact.

Just to check, delete the PAD file and, from ACT!, File | Open
Change File Type to ADF, and open the database.
This will check the database and create a new PAD file

Re: How can open/restore data base from adf or pad file ? Please help, urgent! Thank you.

Actually found an article here:

http://sage.lithium.com/t5/ACT/Moving-database-to-new-computer/m-p/39825#U39825

Helped to resolve my problem.

I attempted this fix, and I keep getting the notification that the .ADF file is in use. The only thing that I can see that would have it is SQL Server itself. Is there something I am missing?

how can i restore attachments????

Hi Mike, I like your answer and I'm glad you're an Act Evangelist because I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to reattach old attachments to a current database in ACT.

I have the entire folder separated in the desktop and i can see the attachments directory but they dont show up in the ACT program.

If you can help me with this I owe you a million thanks.

Re: how can i restore attachments????

I've followed the steps you listed and when I double click on the adf file, I get an error message that says:

"ADF Files must be on a local device.  Files on Mapped or shared drives cannot be used."

What can I do now?

Are you doing it on the system that the database is on ... and accessing it directly?

I believe so, but the database on the z: drive......not the c: drive, so I'm not sure......?