Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can i refine lookup of an advanced query?

How can i refine lookup of an advanced query?

I search for the companies i require and then use "create lookup" to list the contacts within these companies. I would then like to find out if their history has had any updates for the last X days.

If i try to use an advanced query I can create the type of search i want but i am unable to use it to refine my existing lookup.

Any ideas how i might be able to do this?

Thanks,

Michael

Silver Super Contributor

Re: How can i refine lookup of an advanced query?

This is crude but it works. Either use one of the spare user fields or if these have already been customised create a new one called TAG.

Now once you create your first lookup and then create lookup gives you the contact in list view go to EDIT - REPLACE FIELD - TAG (or whatever you want to use) and put in a name for your search. EG TAG 1

It will then ask if you want to replace this field in the current look-up, Click Yes.

It will now put TAG1 into this field for all records in the lookup.

You can now use this field in the Advance lookup with any other criteria you also want to use like last edit date.

Did you also know that when searching using the normal search there is a Show More Options button that allow you to search again within the original search by selecting Narrow Lookup?

Thanks that works well.

I now have the next problem (which i should have thought about).

What I actually want to do is.....

Search for a "group of companies"

then

Find out if anyone from a specific set of record managers have contacted at least one contact within a company and updated the history in the last x days.

then

I then want to use this to generate a list of the companies within the "group of companies" that have NOT been contacted. 

Hope that makes sense, there may be a much easier way to do this?

Silver Super Contributor

I did create some reports for this as I do not know of anyway in ACT using the lookups.

What I have done is produced 3 Company Activity Reports  (Run any lookup against companies section first.)

Report 1 only shows companies where activity has taken place over a set time period. You can select the type of activity and who created the activity. (User.)

Report 2 shows all companies in the look up and you can see if there is any activity against them or not with details of the activity.

Report 3 is similar but condensed so just give the total number of activities again each company in the date range.

They are in a zip file and you will need to unzip and put in the reports section.

Let me know if of any use. Anyone else feel free to use, please let me have feedback, good or bad.