Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can I remove duplicate email history entries?

How can I remove duplicate email history entries?

[ Edited ]

There is an ongoing discussion about how to keep ACT from generating duplicate gmail entries in history (adjust update frequency), but does anyone have a clever way to remove alllllll those duplicates which already exist?

Bronze Contributor

Re: How can I remove duplicate email history entries?

The only way to do this would be via a programmed method other than doing it manually. It might be better to find that cause and resolve the cause of the problem first.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

[ Edited ]

Thanks, but I believe the CAUSE of the prolem has been resolved.

Now I'm trying to get rid of all those extra entries.

Is there a way to delete these duplicate entries by editing the SQL table somehow, or do I need to find a programmer?

Would appreciate your help with the "CAUSE" of the problem. We just upgraded to Act Premium for Web v12 and all users who are accessing ACT from outside the network are all experiencing the same problem. That is, all email history is attaching at least 10 times to our database. It's not happening for those users accessing the database internally. All external users are either using Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2007. Very frustrating ................  

Sage says that the cause is too frequent updating with Google, but after trying that, I still get multiple entries.

So I have to say the cause ISN"T resolved, nor is the problem of eliminating the multiple entries.

has there been an update to fix this, (14.2.6.0)

how do i stop duplicate imports from happening

i have 1,200  emails in my inbox but 108194 have been auto attached, 

is there a way to purge and re import??

We were able to resolve this via KB19707. Sad but true. The actual unwanted entries in ACT History had to be manually removed.

i checked that KB article. pc is set to get updates from time.windows.com and is at correct time/date/region

sync set at default of once per hour

restored a database that just had contacts

Friday 1200 imported emails

Monday - 10000 imported emails

looks like i am going to have to disable history

so still not fixed.

is there not that many people haveing this issue or just not using the google integration with act

Thanks for your reply

Copper Contributor

I'd recommend that anyone follow these instructions to keep seperate computers clocks in sync:

http://www.pretentiousname.com/timesync/index.html

As the gentleman in the article noted, "the built in Windows synchronization utility simply makes sure the Windows Time service is running and if it's already running the task does nothing"

I found this to be true as had several pc's whose clocks were out of sync. Hopefully this will fix it.

Copper Contributor

Just trying out the Gmail auto-history recording functions for the first time this week.  I'm seeing duplicate history items being created in my ACT database as well.  My clocks all seem to be synced well.  That KB article is old but it references the clocks being within 5 minutes of each other and mine certainly are.  Does anyone have an new feedback regarding this issue in terms of how to prevent duplicates from occuring in the first place?