Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can I enter a sales budget in ACT! ??

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

How can I enter a sales budget in ACT! ??

I know... I can get sales reports and see it in the Dashboard, but how you can in ACT! compare these with my monthly OR daily  sales budget that each seller?    How can I enter a sales budget in ACT! ??

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: How can I enter a sales budget in ACT! ??

Thanks, I really was looking for an internal functionality to enter a Sales Budget and Daily assessment regarding my Sales results, so thanks for your help.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Elite Contributor

If you are comfortable using Excel, you could analyse your data within Excel. One very quick and easy way is to use the 1-click to excel button. A more complex way is to utilise the OLEDB2 provider as a data source for Excel.

1-Click to Excel

OLEDB 2 Connection to ACT!

Ecel will give you more power to slice and dice your data. If you have Excel 2010 or 2013, you could consider using PowerPivot if you know of those free MS add-ons for Excel.

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Platinum Elite Contributor

Some time back I created a report for a client with similar requirements. They wanted a monthly analysis for sales against quota with accumulations for the year. As I recall without digging out the report template i used an opportunity for each user that had a stage the was dedicated to their quotas. Needless to say it took significant VB scripting to make the reprot work (over 700 line of code). However it took an analysis that was taking over a full day to do and reduced it to about 5-minutes to get the report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Super Contributor

Thanks, I really was looking for an internal functionality to enter a Sales Budget and Daily assessment regarding my Sales results, so thanks for your help.

Best Regards.