Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How To Save Custom Data/ Columns and Fix Time Out Issue

Highlighted

How To Save Custom Data/ Columns and Fix Time Out Issue

Saving Custom Data Field/Column Size settings

So I go into my Contact lookup...move my column order and resize to fit my criteria....all great.

I shift to single record view or get booted out AND I LOSE MY COLUMN SIZING!?!?!  Where's the SAVE button guys?

This should not have to be an ongoing 'fix'. I'm a Premium Cloud based user of the 2012 Act software. This Help Guide excerpt doesn't help. There needs to be a SAVE button somewhere!!! The view is microscopic as it is and challenging to see but when you all my columns are shrunk, I can't even tell what's what until I go through stretching every dang column.

Customizing columns in list views and tabs

This topic explains how to add, delete, reposition, and reset columns in list views and tabs.

Do You Want To...

Customize a column in a list view or tabOpen
  1. Display the list view or tab.
  2. Click the Customize Columns tool. Show toolClosed
  1. In the Customize Columns dialog box, you can:

Add a columnOpen

1. In the Available fields list, select an item.
  1. Click the right-arrow button [>] to move it to the Show as columns in this order list.
  2. To add all available fields as columns, click the double right-arrow button [>>].

Remove a columnOpen

1. In the Show as columns in this order list, select an item.
  2. Click the left-arrow button [<] to move it to the Available fields list.
  3. To remove all columns, click the double left-arrow button [<<].

Reposition a columnOpen

1. In the Show as columns in this order list, select a column.
  2. Click Move Up or Move Down until the column is in the order where you want.

The first field in the list appears in the far left column in the list view or tab. The second field appears in the column to the right of the first.

Reset to default columnsClosed

• Click Reset.
  1. Click OK.

Learn more about columns in list views and tabs

Resize columns

Sort the data in columns

Time-out Issue:

The time-out issue...I have no clue how to follow the instructions that the support sent me for the ADMINISTRATOR. I am a single user so one would think I should readily see everything. They tell me what/how to fix as Admin but no instruction as to where and how to access this as the Administrator. This, after I clearly stated I am not an IT person and their instructions were geared to an IT person.

Where is this mythical OPTIONS button I'm supposed to click to get to this hidden gem?

And, I do no appreciated that every time I'm punted to 'tech-support' it means I'm talking to another Country. I do not want to speak to another country to have them run me in circles because there are clearly language barriers.

Good people but if you're going to provide tech support you MUST SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND the language you are supporting. I saw one post that necessitated a call every day for 19 days to get issue resolved. Are you out of your mind? I own a company and don't have time for this nonsense.

I want easy to access, easy to use guides ON MY ACT page that are helpful.

I am a legacy ACT user from almost inception. What the heck happened? Less is more when you cannot provide a robust, properly supported product. I don't trust you guys with my client data. Particularly when it means that not renewing means losing my content for clients e.g. all my notes.  

$420.00 annual fee for this? It's Sunday and I should be do creative business facing activities using my ACT content and I have not even been able to get all my contacts uploaded yet...(LinkedIn workaround needed to get Phone-Email-Company-Contact data, at minimum) Yes, I have ACT's Excel spreadsheet so fields don't get messed up. Yes, I saved my LI content to archive...you get nothing worth uploading into ACT is saved. When I signed on with ACT, I was told that their TECH had a workaround to obtain data. They left me high and dry on this one and it's now on me to chase this down if I want any assistance.

I'm so frustrated with this product. It should not be this hard to use an judging by the volumes of posts on issues, this isn't getting better. A phone call from someone in Support that knows how to provide accurate support that really resolves issues would be most appreciated. I'm US-Eastern Time.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: How To Save Custom Data/ Columns and Fix Time Out Issue

Dorothy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the Act! Premium Cloud software, and would like to clear up some of the problems you're having individually.

When it comes to your columns issue, those preferences are saved when you log out.  I would strongly suggest you set up your columns, then log out of the database.  When there is an error, Act! may revert to the previous preferences automatically, especially if you haven't logged out.

The Timeout value can only be changed by an Act! representative on our shared Cloud environment.  This is to avoid incredibly long timeout errors holding up the servers on our shared cloud with a user session lasting hundreds of hours.  On our single-tenant Cloud Plus service, you can control the server directly, and make direct changes to the timeouts.  This is not an uncommon practice, but I can increase or decrease your timeout.  Simply send me your account number and the desired timeout via PM here, or contact support to have them create an escalation to change your timeout.

For inquiries or complaints about technical support, I strongly suggest you contact customer service by phone.  They're based in Arizona, and are empowered to handle these types of requests.

Billy Clark
E: Billy.Clark@kqc.ca
P: 800-857-0558 x334
Act! Certified Consultant
MaaS Certified Consultant
World’s #1 Act! Reseller!
Keystroke
Highlighted

Billy--

Good Morning and thank you for the reply and for the guidance. I'm going to follow up on your recommendations and will advise if any further challenge in this area.

Enjoy the Day!

Dorothy

Highlighted

Billy--

I just applied your recommendation for the Column sizing/preference saving fix. 

I made my changes.

I logged out.

I logged back in.

There were no 'errors' anywhere.

It did not work when I logged back in. 

They all reverted back to the crunched size.

Highlighted

How do we PM to resolve this Billy?
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

You can either send me a message directly here, contact support, or contact our Cloud support team via email.  I will need your account number to look into this.  I am sending you a PM now, so you can hit the envelope at the top and respond to my PM there.

Billy Clark
E: Billy.Clark@kqc.ca
P: 800-857-0558 x334
Act! Certified Consultant
MaaS Certified Consultant
World’s #1 Act! Reseller!
Keystroke
Highlighted

Guys-

I am now in the moment of regretting the $420. investment I made into the Cloud based Act CRM. The issues I began this thread with remains unresolved and the bandwidth that is it taking for me to try to make this CRM platform support my business needs is untenable. Really disappointing.

I have been a legacy ACT user and I thought I was doing a good thing getting the benefit of Cloud back-up capabilities. The user interface of the Cloud version is awful-not nearly as intuitive and easy to use as were previous versions I've used.

The post purchase customer service level has been very disappointing too. If I could cancel my service now, I would.

I've asked and been advised that it has been done, but I want to once again have confirmation that auto-renewal HAS BEEN TURNED OFF.

I was a champion of ACT and now, sorry to say, that is no longer the case.