Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How To Delete Unwanted Templates From Act Premium Web?

Copper Contributor

How To Delete Unwanted Templates From Act Premium Web?

How can we go about deleting unwanted templates from the Act Database when using Act Premium Web?  Also, is it possible to simply store new templates in a Dropbox folder rather than embedded into the database itself?  I noticed an option where you can create a new template and store it on your computer.  I was thinking of just storing it in a Dropbox folder that I share with a my staff.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: How To Delete Unwanted Templates From Act Premium Web?

Hi Jag,

If it's word templates you're referring to here, then you can delete them from the database from a desktop installation if you have the correct sharing permissions, or directly on the server. It's not possible to delete templates from the web interface.

You can create and store new templates in a dropbox location, but to use them though the web interface, you would have to use the My Computer option and upload the template each time.

iexplore_2016-03-21_10-39-52.png

Copper Contributor

So on the desktop version, how do I go about deleting them from the database? I went into the "Open Existing Template" option, deleted a few templates I don't need, sync'd my database, but they are still there in the web version of the database.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks
Administrator

Did you delete the templates on your remote Act installation, or on the server itself?

After speaking to a colleague, I've learned more about how the template sync system behaves:

Act will track newly created templates which are created though the Write > New Letter/E-mail Template menu. These will be synced to the server.
This is also the case for templates edited from the Write > Edit Template menu.

New templates created, or any templates edited outside of Act (i.e. though Windows Explorer or Word directly) will not be tracked, and therefore not be synced. This is also the case for template deletion. There is currently no way to sync a template deletion from a remote installation to the server. All template deletion for APFW should take place on the server.