Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How To Confirm Which Version of Premium Web is Running?

Copper Contributor

How To Confirm Which Version of Premium Web is Running?

Is there a way I can confirm which version of Act v18 Premium Web my host provider is currently running? I noticed a version on the login screen but apparently that's not the version number for the actual Act software itself.  Even when I go to the About link in the top right corner of Act Web, it still doesn't show me a version number.

Thanks

Copper Contributor

Re: How To Confirm Which Version of Premium Web is Running?

Actually, just noticed this in the About Act Premium screen:

Act! Premium (Web) Version: 18.0.490.0
English (Canada)

When I mentioned this to my provider, they said that there may be a mistake on the web interface reporting the version number as the host server is actually running hotfix 6.  He went on to say that it may relate to the schema version which is different from the hotfix level?

I presume he's correct and not providing incorrect information.  I'm just growing a bit frustrated with the refreshing issues in Act Premium on all the browsers.  Either the Show Preview column goes blank, or group contacts aren't correct and instead, shows group contacts from other groups.  Although this is apparently fixed in hotfix 6, still experiencing the same issue.

Administrator

Re: How To Confirm Which Version of Premium Web is Running?

[ Edited ]

Hi Jag,

It's not currently possible to get this info in the web 'About Act' window. The web software is technically a different build to the desktop version, this is why it shows a slightly different version number.

I agree that it would make more sense for users to have the web 'About Act' version number mirror the desktop version number. I've seen this suggestion before a couple of times now, so I've submitted the idea myself (to get all the glory).
http://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/Act-Premium-Web-Version-Information-Consolidation/idi-p...

Please add kudos to increase the likelihood of the change being made