Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How Reliable is Outlook Sync with Act?

Copper Contributor

How Reliable is Outlook Sync with Act?

I keep hearing about how previous versions of Act were very unreliable when syncing with Outlook. My team and I are very frustrated with the lack of integration with Outlook, more so on mobile devices. We would like to create calendar appointments and have contacts right inside Outlook instead of using the dinosaur and outdated HHC.

How reliable is the syncing with Outlook in Act v17? Do we have to worry that one day the database gets corrupted or inundated with duplicates as have been issues in the past???

I just thought a lot more would have been done by now to provide much better integration. Any ideas/suggestions?
Copper Contributor

Re: How Reliable is Outlook Sync with Act?

Not wild about ACT!'s synch with Outlook.  In the past I have had better luck with Companion Link.  Have not configured in a while, but worth a look.  I kind of like HHC.  It's simple and reliable.

Tom Koller - ACT Guy - 414-303-3359

Consulting, Training, Trouble-Shooting...  The whole deal.

Nickel Super Contributor

It works for me perfect...

I just synchronized between my ACT database! and Outlook (I did not involve another service or device contact to avoid contact duplication, activities duplication or information loss )

In my case I have Act! V17 Premium and Outlook 2007 SP3 32 Bit. (UAC disabled - Windows Firewall with exclusions - Windows Defender)

22.png

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Copper Contributor

Promising to her syncing is working well for you. I guess the downside is that when creating a calendar/event in Outlook, even though it is synced with Act, there's no way to link that to the contact record in act correct?? Our team just prefers to operate within Outlook for all emails, tasks, and calendar events but love the historical notes tracking and additional contact fields and reporting of Act.