Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How Can I Synchronize without APFW?

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

How can I sync to a remote database on a server that has just installed ACT! Premium? (But do not have ACT! Premium For Web?)

This question is because normally the route to synchronization via internet  ending  APFW, but if I do not have installed ACT! premium for web...   can I make it end in ActInternetSync?

Example: My route for synchronization via  Internet may be http://80.54.508.21:1350/ActInternetSync ????

If this is not possible, is becauseis  necessarily I have ACT! for WEB installed?

If I have ACT! premium on my server... Can I then manually create APFW for the site ends in APFW sync?

I hope an idea, Thanks

Mailto: jotero@praxisol.com

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: How Can I Synchronize without APFW?

Here are instructions for setting up the Act! Internet Sync service - it does not require that Act! for Web be installed.  It will be on your Premium install disk: KB Article 26791

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

You will need to install Internet Synch tool from the installation disk and then follow the guide instructions.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Nickel Super Contributor

Thanks, truth, and I did, this is very normal and very basic, really easy performing this installation and setup, BUT .... I have always done on servers that have ACT! for WEB  installed and SURE ... synchronization services installed and configured ...

But now I need is to know if I can make the remote databases to see a synchronization server that does not have ACT! for WEB installed, this Sync server has only  ACT! premium installed, then the question is ...

Can I make to see http:// my public ip/ ActInternetSync?

Otherwise I always have to install the ACT! for WEB to remote databases look APFW site?

I expect an answer from Sage ACT! Support Team, Thanks

Smiley Wink

Solution
Accepted by topic author jotero
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Here are instructions for setting up the Act! Internet Sync service - it does not require that Act! for Web be installed.  It will be on your Premium install disk: KB Article 26791

Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Super Contributor

Ok, Thanks....

with this I assume then that  I can make remote database to see   http:// my public ip / ActInternetSync

Thanks