Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How Can I See a List of Email Addresses Added in a Certain Timeframe?

Copper Contributor

How Can I See a List of Email Addresses Added in a Certain Timeframe?

I'm currenly running ACT 2011 Premium, and I can't for the life of me, figure out how to just view new emails added. My company is currently making adding new emails a priority and we're trying to track how many emails are added each week, but the best way I can currently figure out how to track them is by "last edited," which isn't very accurate.

This program can do so much, that I'm fairly certain there's something easy I'm missing, but whatever it is, I can't find it! Any help is much appreciated!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: How Can I See a List of Email Addresses Added in a Certain Timeframe?

There isn't a default way to track the changes to the email address, but here is one option to do it going forward:

1. go to Tools > Define Fields
2. set Email field to 'Record History'
History item will now be created for updates to the email field.

Now that you have history items, you can either use the Notes/History report for a time frame to help identify the contacts, or use the Lookup > Advanced > Search on Keywords (field changed verbiage) along with the edit date to create a Lookup and narrow down the Contact List view to the probable contacts (you may need to arrow through them looking at the History tab to confirm the change within a time frame).

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: How Can I See a List of Email Addresses Added in a Certain Timeframe?

The problem is that it's still picking up whenever anyone makes any sort of change, or even touches the email address in ACT. We're just looking for new emails being added.