Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hotfix 10.0.2.1 problems!!!

Re: Hotfix 10.0.2.1 problems!!!

Last night I tried to remove the protexis licensing service as suggested (as always, thanks for your help). When I then tried to repair the act program I got the message "this service is not availabe" (or words to that effect). I then tried to uninstall act via add remove programs but it wouldn't let me so I've had to manually uninstall and reinstall the whole program. On reinstalling I still have the same problem "protexis licensing service has been marked for deletion".

Anyone had any joy? This ones becoming a real pain...

Try these exact steps Paul because the result would not be as what we desire if its not followed,

(do this in a pre requisite order, top to bottom)

First download and run the .Net Cleanup Tool that will be available at the Microsoft download site then use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe that could be found in KB#13398

Since you have undergone a few uninstallation i would recommend that you also do a Manual Removal of ACT! using this KB Article #21390. Then re-install ACT! on a Selective Start-Up Mode KB Article #14173 and also re-install the .Net 2.0 only from the Microsoft Website and only the plain 2.0 without the SP 1

Make sure you follow the steps carefully and it should take care of the problem.

Note: This only applies for Windows XP because if youre running Vista, it will require a different step including files that you should remove, ill update from time to time so that if already come up with the specific steps for Vista, id gladly share it here. Robot Very Happy

Just in addition for the others you could also use this steps below to fix Protexis, it is from KB# 21550

Follow the steps below to attempt to repair the Protexis Licensing Service:

1. Click on Start then Run. Type services.msc in the Open field and then click OK. The Services console appears.
  2. Locate and right-click Protexis Licensing V2 on the right-hand side of the console and select Stop. A dialog box briefly appears indicating the service stopping.
  3. Close the Services console.
  4. In a Windows Explorer window, browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files and delete the Protexis folder.
  5. Close the Windows Explorer window.
  6. Click on Start then Run. Type regedit in the Open field and then click OK. The Registry Editor window appears.
  7. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services. Delete the PSI_SVC_2 key.
  8. Close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer.
  9. After your computer finishes rebooting, open the Control Panel and then Add/Remove Programs.
  10. Locate your version of ACT! in the list. Click on it to higlight, then select Change/Remove. An Install Shield window briefly appears, followed by an ACT! Setup dialog box.
  11. Select Repair and allow the repair to complete. This will re-install the Protexis Licensing Service.
  12. After the repair is complete, attempt to open ACT! and evaluate the results.

Your humble servant,

Patrix

Pro-ACT! Movement

Your humble servant,

Patrix

Pro-ACT! Movement

I'm actually talking about the server copy running on small business server 2003. One of the issues I had was that it wouldn't let me manually stop the protexis licensing service.