Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hotfix 10.0.2.1 problems!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hotfix 10.0.2.1 problems!!!

Sage posted a Hotfix on the downloads page, which is supposed to address a number of sync issues.

So far, on 5 seperate machines (Windows 2003, Vista sp1 and XP sp2), ACT! will not start after loading it... it brings up the splash screen, then closes with no error on the screen of in the event log.

I'm running 10.0.2 Premium for Web (Australian) on the Windows 2003 system and 10.0.2 Premium on the other systems.

As the local Australian office has no compassion for their users and have have told me that they won't help me unless I purchase support for this, I am trying to resolve this issue on my own.

Interested, if anyone has tried this Hotfix and had any success? Especially if running a non-North American (but still English) version...

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Hotfix 10.0.2.1 problems!!!

I haven't been able to apply the hotfix, but there's some of our clients that need it. But in hearing this i'm weary of applying the fix. I'd like to know if anyone else has had this problem too. North American or not.
Michael Kadlec
Act! Certified Consultant
Corelogix Corporation

I found the Hotfix failed... I did a full uninstall (including SQL) and reinstall, then ran the Hotfix before starting ACT! and it all worked.

I have the Hotfix logs from the failed and working installs and have offered to send them to a couple of people at Sage... but so far no one has seemed interested.

I have managed to work out the cause of this issue and the fix...

I offered the information to the Sage Australia office, but was told that they don't want my help. They can't replicate it (I know why), so they're not interested in the cause for anyone else who finds themself with this problem.

Sage Australia hadn't even informed the local ACCs about it's release ... the ACC fees in Australia gets you information about 2-4 weeks after the public. 

Fortunately, the people I've spoken to at Sage US have shown much more interest in the problem.

Thanks for replying to my post - it's much apreciated. I've found though that even if I uninstall the ACT program and re-install it on the server when I re-start the server the Protexis Licensing service still isn't present and ths ACT wont start.

I've not yet tried doing a complete uninstall - is that what worked for you because I've just been uninstalling the ACT program not SQL?

The thing thats troubling me is that ACT will run with the patches installed fine it's just when the server is rebooted that it restarts incorrectly.

In Regedit on the server, can you let me know if you have this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\PSI_SVC_2

I do have it. But then I haven't checked to see if it's still there if I reboot the server

I'll try again when I can get everybody off the server for a bit and get back to you

I am having same issue.  I have uninstalled Act 10, reinstalled and after a reboot, Protexis goes away and I cannot get into Act!  This is on an SBS 2003 server.  How do I get it runnign without unstalling and re-installing?!