Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hotfix 10.0.2.1 problems!!!

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Hotfix 10.0.2.1 problems!!!

Nope.  i am now in process of re-installing after a FULL uninstall with the Act_uninsaller utility.
Loyal Listener

I have an win 2003 server and after installing the hotfix I get the same issue, the splash screen comes up and then nothing, event logs show a .NET runtime error. Event Type: Error Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting Event Category: None Event ID: 5000 Date: 21/05/2008 Time: 08:31:56 User: N/A Computer: AMAC-HOME Description: EventType clr20r3, P1 actsage.exe, P2 10.2.191.0, P3 47be2604, P4 system, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebf0d, P7 f31, P8 44, P9 ioibmurhynrxkw0zxkyrvfn0boyyufow, P10 NIL. Is the only solution to uninstall everything and start again. I tested the install on a Vsta machine and it worked perfectly.
TIA

Paul M Tate

Just wondering are you running any addons for ACT! on the server?

The easiest solution is to uninstall and reinstall ACT!.... apply 10.02 and Hotfix before starting ACT! (so at end of installs turn off checkbox to start ACT!)

For something that Sage Australia told me has only happened to me, I have found I have a lot of systems out there :-(

Loyal Listener

I don't have any addons on the servers but I have just tried the following for my with Act Premium for web server from this message:

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=Prem&thread.id=2277

I went to http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=22381

and ran through and removed .NET 2 and re-installed it from Microsoft's site plus service pack and then ran the last bit:

Important note for ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0.2) Users Once you have reinstalled .Net, if you are running any add-on products, you must follow the following steps for the add-ons to continue to run: Click on the Start button, then select Run. The Run dialog box appears. Type cmd in the Open field and click Ok. The Command Prompt window appears. In the Command Prompt window, type cd c:\Program Files\act\act for windows and press Enter. Type MachineConfigUpdater.exe and press Enter.

even though I have no add-ons and rebooted and all seems well now!
TIA

Paul M Tate

Sounds like the same problem - what server specs are you running? + what anti-virus are you running?

As yet ACT don't have anything like an answer to this

Loyal Listener

they are quite old, one an AMD XP2066+ with 1gb (web) the other P4 with 2gb (premium) neither have AV as both use IE enhancd security and are inside a natted firewall and no email clients loaded. The clients are all Vista and AV secured, the updates ran on these without problems.

The process worked on both Premium for Web and Premium.
TIA

Paul M Tate

I'm having the same issue.  Small Business Server 2003.  Install ACT, uninstall, reinstall, update. . .  Protexis License service shows up as "Starting" after a few hours.  I tried the Sage KB article regarding the "Starting" issue and the Protexis License service disappeared.   Right before I tried the KB fix I noticed the service was Disabled, I went to the service properties to change it back to Automatic and an error pop up that said the "service was scheduled for deletion."  I doubled checked to make sure Microsoft had spelt deletion correctly, clicked okay, ran the fix and the Protexis License service is nowhere to be found.

Christopher F. Dole
Sales and Marketing Associate
Diversified Exposition Services

Follow the steps below to attempt to repair the Protexis Licensing Service:
  1. Click on Start then Run. Type services.msc in the Open field and then click OK. The Services console appears.
  2. Locate and right-click Protexis Licensing V2 on the right-hand side of the console and select Stop. A dialog box briefly appears indicating the service stopping.
  3. Close the Services console.
  4. In a Windows Explorer window, browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files and delete the Protexis folder.
  5. Close the Windows Explorer window.
  6. Click on Start then Run. Type regedit in the Open field and then click OK. The Registry Editor window appears.
  7. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services. Delete the PSI_SVC_2 key.
  8. Close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer.
  9. After your computer finishes rebooting, open the Control Panel and then Add/Remove Programs.
  10. Locate your version of ACT! in the list. Click on it to higlight, then select Change/Remove. An Install Shield window briefly appears, followed by an ACT! Setup dialog box.
  11. Select Repair and allow the repair to complete. This will re-install the Protexis Licensing Service.
  12. After the repair is complete, attempt to open ACT! and evaluate the results