Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Hosting Web Access on my desktop

Copper Contributor

Re: Hosting Web Access on my desktop

[ Edited ]

EDIT: I figured out what I did wrong with the ping. I wasn't suppose to have the {brackets}. I changed it up and I got Request Timed out three times. 

I just tried some different ports.

Changed Starting and Ending Ports to 65100. Changed .80 to .2 based on information from cmd>ipconfig. That did not work.

I tried to use cmd> ping {192.168.0.2} and {192.168.0.1}. The reply was "Ping request could not find the host. Please check the name and try again." Obviously I'm doing something wrong based off of this article http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2434...

Copper Contributor

Contacted Tech Support. All I needed was a VPN. Will update when issues is officially resolved.
Bronze Contributor

Just to bring you up to date, ultimately the user out in the field complained enough about the slowness that we moved the ACT! Installation to one of the ACT! hosting companies.  They went live on Monday and the performance is improved to the point that the remote user is happy.

Signature
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Issues resolved thanks to very kind tech service. Got everything right but missed the part that I have to use a VPN to sync with ACT Pro.
Platinum Elite Contributor

You shouldn't have to use VPN is the port forwarding is done right ... but VPN is sometimes easier.