Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hosted ACT on Cloud Exporting Dates

Silver Super Contributor

Hosted ACT on Cloud Exporting Dates

I have clients who are finding that their Swiftpage hosted databases are not exporting the dates into Excel as a date that can be used for other programs. The clients are UK based but this maybe common to all so let me know.

I have a work round using an Excel formula but a bit to much for this site. If you have this problem and need help let me know by email below and I will send you the details of the work round.

Chip

info@actsupport.co.uk  

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Hosted ACT on Cloud Exporting Dates

Good morning Chip.

While our db is hosted at Swiftpage, we also use RDBs.  For a problem like the one you mentioned is a sound reason for the client to consider using RDBs and syncing. We never have any issues with exporting data from the RDB.

I logged in to our cloud copy of ACT and did an export of one company with Edit Date selected.  The Excel spreadsheet shows the date correctly.  

The Excel data was General, so I change the column to a date field, with no change to the contents of the fields.

What I do not know is if the data for a cloud only is different from a hosted database with RDBs.

Hope this helps.  

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.1.212.0 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Hosted ACT on Cloud Exporting Dates

Hi John

Never did get to the bottom of this as the dates export as text but when then telling Excel they are date fields it does not recognise the format. 

Found a system command in Excel that is Text to Date that solved the problem. 

Thanks again for your input.