Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Home Telephone Numbers for Contacts

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Home Telephone Numbers for Contacts

We just upgraded to ACT! 2001 Premium.  I see a field for Home Telephone Numbers, but it's greyed out and our data didn't populate that field.  This is a huge problem since we contact most of our clients at home and absolutely need that information.  I've researched to see if anyone has a solution for this issue and can't seem to find a resolution.  Can someone please help me? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Home Telephone Numbers for Contacts

The problem has been resolved through the on-line live chat tech support tool!

The field was greyed while logged in as Administrator.  Some of the other telephone fields were ok (i.e., work number, mobile number,etc.).

I customized the columns in the contact list view and turned on any of the fields that had anything to do with telephone phone numbers.  The home phone numbers were shown in a "Home Num" field, so I knew the data was there, just not being displayed properly.

In the Layout Designer tool, the home phone field was still greyed out.  I simply deleted that grey box and the field instantly populated with the Home Num data.  Viola - problem solved!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Is it greyed if logged in as Admin?
Are other phone fields ok?
Can you open the Demo database and see if grey there also?
Could someone who customised the database set the field to read only?
If none of the above, what full build of ACT! from help | about?
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The problem has been resolved through the on-line live chat tech support tool!

The field was greyed while logged in as Administrator.  Some of the other telephone fields were ok (i.e., work number, mobile number,etc.).

I customized the columns in the contact list view and turned on any of the fields that had anything to do with telephone phone numbers.  The home phone numbers were shown in a "Home Num" field, so I knew the data was there, just not being displayed properly.

In the Layout Designer tool, the home phone field was still greyed out.  I simply deleted that grey box and the field instantly populated with the Home Num data.  Viola - problem solved!