Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hit message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" everytime I login.

Hit message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" everytime I login.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Why everytime after I enter my user name and password then click button OK to login then sure hit following message:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Any comments/suggestions/solutions? Thanks in advance.

Copper Contributor

Re: Hit message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" everytime I login.

Interestingly I usually only get this message when the server resources are maxed out or when the record I am trying to access is unavailable (usually because it's been deleted). 

A couple things to try: 

1) Check the specs on your machine and your server if you are using a networked environment and make sure you're not running out of resources on login. 

2) Create a new account and log in as that user to see if the problem persists, then jump back to your login. If it doesn't happen on the new login, but does on yours, there's probably an error with your record and it is easier to just delete your account and reassign your contacts to your new user you just created (or another user that you create specifically for this purpose).