Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hit message "Duplicate Database Name" although I have deleted the existing database.

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Hit message "Duplicate Database Name" although I have deleted the existing database.

Why I will hit the error message "A database with the specified name already exists. Please specify a unique name." although I have deleted the existing database from My Document > ACT > ACT for windows 12 > Database?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jlau
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Hit message "Duplicate Database Name" although I have deleted the existing database.

You can delete the database from the folder ... but only after you have detached it from the SQL engine in ACTDIAG.

Sometimes you need that method if you can't login to the database to delete it in the way you mentioned

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Hit message "Duplicate Database Name" although I have deleted the existing database.

I found that this my mistake. Previously I didn't delete the database in a proper way. I should go Tools > Database Maintenance > Delete Database. Then in future, I can create a new database with name is same with the deleted database name.

So conclusion we should not simply delete database/file in folder C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Application Data\ACT\Act for Windows(version#)\Databases\
Solution
Accepted by topic author jlau
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

You can delete the database from the folder ... but only after you have detached it from the SQL engine in ACTDIAG.

Sometimes you need that method if you can't login to the database to delete it in the way you mentioned

Dear Mike,

Thank you so much.