Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History tab, usability question

History tab, usability question

We are currently reviewing Act 2009 Premium for a small workgroup.

I remember from many years ago (Act 6/7? not sure) that the history tab for a contact/company gave a very nice overview of all the items. But now on the history tab every item is spreadover several lines, which makes the whole thing much less usable. What I would like, is just one line per history item, with just the field Regarding showing. But if I click on the Customize Columns option, there are only the combined field Regarding & Details and the separate Details field.

So how do I add just the field Regarding to the History tab? It must be something simple, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: History tab, usability question

Unfortunately, their is not an option within the program to include only the Regarding column under the History tab. And, the only way to display a single line is to remove the Regarding & Details column from the tab. If you do this, you can still see the whole history entry by enabling the Preview Pane from Options.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: History tab, usability question

Ironically enough a workaround is NOT to use "Regarding & Details" but only "Details" - which then only posts on one line...