Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History tab > Recording History > can not change default Type from Appointment to Call

History tab > Recording History > can not change default Type from Appointment to Call

When I'm in Detail View and making a contact I want to record a Call into the history tab.  When I open the New History the Type defaults to Appointment, which then requires me to go to the drop down and change to Call - this is a very cumbersome and time consuming step.  There should be a way of changing the Default Order in Type to the ACT user's choice.

Bronze Contributor

Re: History tab > Recording History > can not change default Type from Appointment to Call

The appointment type was introduced as a method to reconcile with appointments coming from Outlook which were unclassified but I would be inclined to agree with you it would be nice to specify what is the default for record history.

I have create a small app which is capable of achieving this and will begin testing early next week and will release FREE of charge. If you would like a copy of this send me an email and I will let you know when ready for release.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: History tab > Recording History > can not change default Type from Appointment to Call

Hi Paul - I was wondering if you ever completed the app to change the default History Type and where I could get a copy?

Thanks