Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History records not created from email or Word

History records not created from email or Word

I'm using Act2010 Premium (version 12.1.181.0 Hot fix 1) on a Windows 7 machine. Only one database and I'm the only user.

When I send an email it doesn't get recorded in the history. Also when I write a letter it doesn't either. Word opens and the fields are populated from ACT. Then when I go to print I get an error that says

"Call was rejected by callee (Expeption form HRESULT:0x800100001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJETED))

And then the document prints fine but no history record.

The problems are intermitent but the problem with email and with WORD seem to occur (or not) at the same time.

Any thoughts?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: History records not created from email or Word

[ Edited ]

Hello BizCoach,

It looks like you have separate issues. For the history not recording, please see the information in KB Article 19948. For the issue with Word, a couple of things you can check is to make sure you have a default printer setup in Windows and to make your Print Spooler service is running.

To quickly verify whether the Print Spooler is running:

1. Open your Windows Task Manager.
  2. Click on the Processes tab.
  3. In the Image Name list, look for  spoolsv.exe. If this service is missing, then the Print Spooler Service is not running.
  4. To turn on the Print Spooler service, click your Windows Start button, then select Run from the start menu. Type in services.msc. For Windows Vista and Windows 7, just type the command in the Search box on the Start menu.
  5. In the list of services, find Print Spooler, right-click on it and select Start.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: History records not created from email or Word

The spooler is actually under the taks manager SERVICES tab in Windows 7 and it is now running and I have no problem. It was not set to run at start up so I changed that. Thanks.