Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History of sent emails is removing spaces between words

History of sent emails is removing spaces between words

[ Edited ]

Using Act! Premium18, Windows 7, Outlook 2016 with a shared database stored on a server.  When sending an email through outlook, either manually or through a template, the email is formatted correctly in Microsoft Outlook.  However, when viewing the history for that contact and looking at the Email Sent the text is formatted very differently, removing many spaces between words.

For example, see below where 5 times in the first paragraph the spaces are removed.

in the Outlook Email

Dear Greg:

The real estate professionals who subscribe to our customer appreciation programs really enjoyed partnering with McCabes Tavern!  We’re now in the process of planning for August and September’s postcard features and wanted to give you first opportunity to participate in the program again.  With just 12 co-promotions each year, the spaces fill up fast!

But in the Act History:

Dear Greg:

The real estate professionals who subscribe to our customerappreciation programs really enjoyed partnering with McCabes Tavern!We’re now in the process of planning for August and September’s postcardfeatures and wanted to give you first opportunity to participate in theprogram again. With just 12 co-promotions each year, the spaces fill upfast!

Administrator

Re: History of sent emails is removing spaces between words

Hi crueffert,

We are aware of this issue. It has been logged as defect D-04281.
I don't currently have a timeframe for a fix, as I believe we are still investigating the root cause of the issue.

A workaround would be to set email recording preferences to record with all attachments, as this would attach the .msg file to the history which displays the message exactly as sent.

Can you tell me if this defect (D-04281) has a resolve as we are continuing to experience the removal of spaces between words since we upgraded to v19.1.

Administrator

Hi Belindasue,

Unfortunately this defect is still outstanding. I don't have an estimate on when it will be resolved.
Did you have any luck using the workaround I posted above?

Out corporate technology department has advised we do not utilize the workaround at this time. Please keep me posted as to a more permanent solution.

Thank you!

Administrator

Hi Belindasue,

You can keep an eye on what defect fixes have been included in each update of Act! in the following Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36573