Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History entry not recorded

History entry not recorded

While accessing ACT cloud via mobile web browser,  marking a completed appointment in calendar, there is no entry recorded in history.   This is been a problem since version 17 and still not corrected version 18. When will this be corrected it is  essential  for my appointment tracking. I am using an iPad to access ACT cloud data.   If ACT is going to Market a mobile solution it should mean being able to use mobile devices,  Especially the most popular such as Apple products. 

Administrator

Re: History entry not recorded

Hi cybrbaer,

I'm not able to reproduce this issue on any of my test databases. I've tested using Act v18 u7, on Windows 7, and using Safari on iOS 9 to clear the activity.

I've created a new meeting in the calendar for my record, and when I view the calendar on my mobile device, I can view the activity, tap "Clear Activity", then save. When viewing my records history, I see the history entry with the result "Meeting Held".

Added Meeting ActivityAdded Meeting Activity  Cleared ActivityCleared Activity  My Record's HistoryMy Record's History

Are these the same steps you're taking that replicate this issue?

If this continues, I think we're going to have to look into this in more detail on a phonecall. I'd suggest calling us on 866 873 2006 and speaking with a technician.

Nickel Super Contributor

With Clear Activity functionality...works well

Be careful with the option... Erase Activity...  This is not to define it as done

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com

Make the apt  timeless reoccurring and then tried again 

Administrator

I've tested the same process with both timeless and reoccurring timeless activities, and am still not able to reproduce this issue.

Added Timeless Reoccurring MeetingAdded Timeless Reoccurring Meeting  Cleared ActivityCleared Activity  My Record's HistoryMy Record's History

Note: I also tested with endless reoccurring activities, and reoccurring with an end date.

Could you test this behaviour using this demo database on your mobile device, and let us know if the issue continues there?

Username - chris huffman

Leave Password blank.

Its clearly not working on my database, using iphone or ipad.  I tried to log on to demo using,  chris huffman no password, but no access.  Happy to give you access to my database via private message. Thanks for helping with issue

I was able to log on to your demo database and was able to ceate an event , clear it and see it recorded in hist.  I then went on to my database and did the same which also worked. It seems the issue is with the fact I Originally  created the events with Act Desktop and sync the data.  I am unable at this time to confirm the problem is with desktop data and cloud data because I am currently using v17 and can not sync anymore.  I have not been able to contact tech support to migrate to v18. I would be interested in knowing if a reoccuring apointment created in desktop then sync and cleard on ios device if it still shows in hist?

Administrator

I've tested creating a reoccurring timeless meeting in a remote database using the desktop client, then syncing, and then clearing the activity in mobile web on an iOS device. The cleared 'meeting held' history entry does record and appear successfully in the contacts history.

To get some more insight into what exactly is going on in your database, calling in and speaking to one of our technicians would be the best course of action. Our phone number is 866 873 2006.