Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History between ACT Users

History between ACT Users

I have a question about the general concept of how History creation works for emails sent between ACT Users.

When we have the "Allow history creation for emails sent from a user of this database to another user" option unchecked, the history for emails sent between ACT Users is not created as expected. But when we look in the actual database files under the Attachments folder, all emails between ACT users are still being saved as .msg files. Why does this happen ? Is this by design?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: History between ACT Users

What build of ACT! (full build from help | about)?
Are you using Outlook? If so, what version?
Does this happen with any user combination (from/to)?

In the E-mail Setup Wizard (6 of 8) - Attach to Contacts:
* Have you set "All Contacts"?
* If so, have you checked "Exclude My Record"
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello imqureshi,

Thank you for participating in the ACT! Community. I have duplicated the issue you described and have reported it for further investigation. An update will be provided if the status changes or if an alternative work-around is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause. Thank you bringing this to our attention.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am able to reproduce this in 13.0 and 13.1.

It does not matter what version of Outlook and would happen with all users. 

The email Setup wizard (6 of 8) refers to what happens when you use Quick Attach. This is not relevent for sent email history. 

I was able to prevent this by setting the preference to create Subject + Message. You can force this setting throughout the database by deselecting the Admin preference "Allow Email messages to be attached to this database"

This issue is being tracked.

Glad to know that you were able to replicate this issue as well. FYI, we are using ACT Ver. 13.0 Hot Fix 2.

Please update me if this issue is fixed.

Thanks