Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History and Notes Privacy

Copper Contributor

History and Notes Privacy

Hi everybody!

I have a lot of doughts about the history and notes field privacy.

We are four people working with ACT!2010 Premium (three of them admins and the other one manager), and basically my issue comes when I am trying to make the e-mails linked from Outlook private.

I went to: Tools/Preferences/ACT! E-mail Editor/ Composing Options/ In the new box I marked the field "Make History Private", but I can continue seeing the whole history in their fields.

I have also tried on Rules and Alerts (I created a new rules for e-mails being recorded on the history fields), and when you have to choose the ACT! History Attach Options, I have already selected "Make History Private".

But how I told you before, nothing changes. I would like not be able to see other user's e-mails and I have not idea how to do it. Same happend me with notes.

Please if you could help me with thit I will be really thankful.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: History and Notes Privacy

Hello,

Just to clarify, are you wanting to make your email attachments private or not wanting to see other user's email attachments? Making yours private will hide them from other users, but you can still see theirs if they don't make them private. Also,if you are using Outlook, you will need to set the default privacy option by going to Tools > Email > Email System Setup...you will see this option about halfway through the wizard.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Well, what I need, it to know how this works.

My goal is to get the e-mails (the text of the e-mail not the files attached or similars) received and sent on each Contact for each Act User.

I.E: I am sending an e-mail to a ACT Contact, and he replies me, and I want this e-mail being keeped on that Contact History, but, I don't want other ACT Users could see that.

I made everything about Rules in my ACT account, and in my OUTLOOK 2010, but when I log in with a different ACT User, I can see that e-mail I sent to that Contact, and I don't really know why, because it is supposed to be Private after having activate the Outlook rule, and also activate ACT option, (as I explain in the previous post).

I would like to know, why it is happening this to me, I would like to know if it is because my Outlook version 2010, or because of what.

I hope you could handle this for me...

Thanks for answering, I really appreciate your intention.

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately ACT! 2010 does not support Office 2010. However, you can acheive partial integration with Outlook 2010, per the instructions found in KB Article 26713. The new ACT! 2011 does fully support Office 2010.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Yeah, I knew that, thanks.

But, what exactly didn't work?

Could you explain me how it should work without Outlook 2010?

Because I am getting whole outgoing e-mails (just the sent ones, and when I receive one, when I answer them), and just what it is not working at all it is about the privacy and the incoming e-mails...

Do it work properly with Outlook 2007?

Thanks for answering so quick!!

Yes, the privacy options did work in Outlook 2007. They need to be separately configured for the Outlook Rules for incoming messages. For other users messages, though you have no control over the privacy settings. With Outlook 2010 and ACT! 2010, you can control the settings from within Outlook, but not within ACT!. So you should be able to set the privacy setting for Outlook rules for incoming messages, but for outgoing emails you would have to do it per message when you actually send the email, from under the Add-Ins tab of the message screen.

Greig Hollister