Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History - Time Spent for a company

History - Time Spent for a company

Hello,

I need a report that totals time spent for a company. The contact History report will not work as it separates the contacts. I need to be able to print a report for the entire company that will give me a total at the bottom. So just like the Contact History/Time Spent but for a company instead. I tried to create one but I don't know how to get the report to sum the totals.  Does anyone know the expression to put into the data field to do this?

Thank you,

Michelle

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: History - Time Spent for a company

There's good news and bad news. The good news is that the present report could be modified to provide an global total. I think it would be possible to make the report work for multiple companies with a separate total for each company and a global total for all companies. Now the bad news. The present report has some accuracy problems because the time spent for history created by clearing a scheduled activity is the time specified for the activity. The biggest problem is that collecting the total is much more that just applying a VB expression. Creating the report would require knowledge of how the report editor works and the part you would need isn't documented in any depth anywhere. Bottom line I think it could be done but it wouldn't be easy.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129