Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History Tab Security

History Tab Security

My question concerns the history tab - Is there a way to make a specific history for a contact available to a select group of people only? What I mean is let's say a member of the finance team makes a phone call to a contact; I want to let all the members of the finance department see the details of this phone call, but I don't want other departments to see this. Or let's say a member of the HR department makes a phone call and only HR and the Sales department should be able to see this call. The contact should still be viewable to everybody, just not certain phone call details. Is there a way to do this? I have been trying to figure it out, but am having difficulties.

Thanks in Advance.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: History Tab Security

I've been requesting more advanced security features like this for years.  However, histories are either Private or Public (you need them to be Limited Access).  A workaround is to create a custom memo fields for information specific to certain users.  Then, use field security to determine who can see/modify that field.  Hope this helps, and I hope to see more security options available in the near future.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com