Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History Tab Error

Copper Contributor

History Tab Error

ACT Premium 2012 14.1.108.0

On one and only one contact record when I click on the history tab i get "Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown"  I've repaired the DB through ACT as well as through Actdiag.  Not sure how long it's been a problem with this record but I've restored our oldest backup and have the same issue with just that one record.  Any ideas on fixing this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: History Tab Error

Hello johnconnor,
This may be caused by a History record for that contact that has a large amount of data in it. Can you access the history records under the tab? If so, look for such a record and remove or shorten it.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I cannot access it, i get the exception everytime I go to the history tab for that record.

Did you ever figure this out?  I am having the same issue.

This is a pretty old thread, so the solution they had may not be viable anymore.

Usually this is because a history linked to that contact is corrupt, has a very large image in it, or all of the histories in total have very large images or other data that is unreadable by Act!

When you paste images into histories or notes, it greatly inflates what should be a rich text field.  These images add up and can crash out the list view.  I would contact support, as we have a tool to help narrow down the larger items that may be causing this issue.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com