Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History Report

Tuned Listener

History Report

Currently using Sage ACT Premium 2013. Not using the web version. I am trying to learn more about History Reports. I would like to be able to filter out a History Report more. For example, only include To-Do's, completed or not. I don't want to see each companys location, contacts, etc. Just the company name and if there are any To-Do's. Is this possible?

From what I have gathered in the database, you have to purchase another add-on like Crystal Reports. Or is that not the case anymore? The only posts I could find were from 2010.

Silver Contributor

Re: History Report

[ Edited ]

In regards, to customize the report so only company shows up, you can customize the ACT report to do this .  If you only want to see a particular type of history, (like to do's ), you would need a 3rd party reporting tool.  Stonefield Queries, Topline Dash, Crystal Reports would all do what you are asking. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

There isn't any way to directly do that kind of filtering in the ACT! reports. I have created a report that will report the most recent Call Completed, Meeting Held and Todo Done for any date range and only one of each but the report depends on extensive embeded script programming.

A third party reporting program would be an option but realize that all are costly and have extenisve learning curves. My personal choice for an all around third party report editor would be the Durkin Impact reports. It's ACT! aware, has a design wizard and includes access to an extensive library of reports. If a printed copy isn't required then Topline Dash would be my second choice. Stonefield Query does have a design wizard for ACT! but is very high priced. Crystal is very capable but has no design wizard and a very steep learning curve.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ditto what Roy Said, Durkin is another very good option. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider