Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help with my Reports

Help with my Reports

New problem.  All of a sudden my reports are not printing as they should.  Everything was working properly 2 weeks ago and since then nothing new has happen with the exception I got rid of my computer that had a remote database on it and then got a new computer that I created a new database from my host and uploaded onto my new computer with the same version of Act and everything worked fine with that.  No sync issues at all.  Now when I print a report like the classic history report in preview mode the report will start to run on the screen and it will show pages 1 printing and then page 2 printing and so on.  When it gets to page 7 it just sits there saying in the bottom corner Page 7 printing?  Nothing else happens.   I've tried the database maintenance and reindexing my database from the tool bar and closing my ACT and doing the same thing from Actdiag.   That didn't seem to matter.

It's seems that something is preventing my reports from getting past page 7 when its getting created.  I tried to create in PDF mode and then same thing happens.  I tried the report on the host computer and different remote computer and the same thing is happening.

Any thoughts

Re: Help with my Reports

FYI  I"m currently using Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.0.301.0

I've tried a couple of things - I"ve run a search on the records I edited in Febaury and then did a report based on current look up.  No luck.  I then took smaller chuncks and did reports and I was able to get the report on some 5 day spans but not others.  Then I tried to narrow it down to one day and it wouldnit work but I had not records I edited on that day?  My guess is I have a curputed file but how can I find it. I have too much data change to go back to me lastest back up file.   Is there way to export the history stuff in excel and then view is it so see if one looks different from the rest?

Platinum Super Contributor

Unfortunately there isn't an option for exporting history items. But I do believe you are on the right track for finding the problem history item. I would keep running the report against narrower lookups of the edited contacts (run report for 1st half, then again for 2nd half - then continue to narrow it down) to help isolate the contact record.
Greg Martin
Sage

Ok I think I figured it out.  It seems when I one of my users from the report the report runs okay.  So I went into his histories and deleted a few of them and that seem to work.  Sort of.    

The reports run all the way through but now some for histories are skipped.  I save a History classic report for February and I had 758 calls completed.  I ran the same report for the same time and no I only have 208 calls completed.  I didn't delete any records and my other fields like - letter sent, e-mail sent, have roughly the same number.  They are off by a few but no where like the number you see with Call completed.

Any thoughts????????????