Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help with a need to recreate remote database

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Help with a need to recreate remote database

[ Edited ]

I am using Premium 2011- as a remote user(1 main, 2 remotes in synchronization). My harddrive crashed and I replaced it with a laptop. I was able to download ACT on my new pc. Since I syncronized to the main db  I didn't routinely back it up to my old pc. I found a zipped back up from a few monthsago. I need the current database and to synchronize to the parent.

I did not set up the original database for synchronization- I don't know where to begin. I can see other users under "manage handheld synch set",. However, a lot of tasks are greyed out. I was told there is a file that stores all of the old sync data from in the database, but when I restored the old backup, I can't find anything.  Is there such info in the old backup files?

Thank you.

Judy

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACTJudyp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Help with a need to recreate remote database

Hello ACTJudyp,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Databases can only sync with each other when the remote has been created from the main database.  From your description, it sounds like the relationship has been broken (restoring a backup will not contain the necessary information to continue synchronizing).  For your laptop, use the instructions in the following article to create a remote from your main database: KB Article 14116

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACTJudyp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello ACTJudyp,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Databases can only sync with each other when the remote has been created from the main database.  From your description, it sounds like the relationship has been broken (restoring a backup will not contain the necessary information to continue synchronizing).  For your laptop, use the instructions in the following article to create a remote from your main database: KB Article 14116

Greg Martin
Sage
Astute Commentator

Hi Greg,

thank you very much. That is exactly what I needed; I was going about it backwards. I appreciate your response, and especially for figuring out and understanding what I didn't know what I was asking!

Sincerely yours, Judy

Judy