Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help! unintended calendar invites - problem is back with Act! Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 2

Copper Contributor

Help! unintended calendar invites - problem is back with Act! Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 2

I've had this problem sporadically for a while.  It seemed to go away after a support rep worked on it and another issue, but then I installed V18.2 with update 2 and now it's back.  Just as people in an earlier original thread (https://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium/Help-Prospects-getting-unintended-calendar-invites/m-p/1923...) say - it costs me business if details get sent to a prospect - either from a call activity or from a Todo.

I use Google Contacts and Calendar to sync with the web and my Android phone.  Syncing with Outlook has not worked for me in the past (I just use it for email from ACT!)

This seems like a problem that urgently needs to be fixed.  V18 update 2 has been out for a couple of weeks, so isn't anyone else seeing the issue?

Thanks

Mike

Administrator

Re: Help! unintended calendar invites - problem is back with Act! Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 2

Hi Mike,

We haven't had any other reports of this in v18.

I would suggest trying to remove the Google integration preferences and then re-register and sync.
You can find the process of deleting the Google integration preferences in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33804

If the problem persists, I would suggest contacting our support team by phone and working with them to further troubleshoot and diagnose this issue.
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Help! unintended calendar invites - problem is back with Act! Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 2

Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting this solution and I have a question I hope you can help with.

The KB says 
*Check the box for Delete Preferences based on this keyword
*In the field below, type _GI_

Please can you let us know what other 'keywords' are available.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Administrator

Hi David,

I only know of this keyword and Swiftpage (for SP emarketing preferences). We don't have any further internal documentation on this, it would be a question for someone who is very familiar with the preferences table. You could always check the table for yourself, but I'm not sure what this ActDiag feature is actually matching the 'keyword' with in the table.