Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help running a report of activity by user

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

We're an 8 person company using ACT Premium 2009. I'd like to run a summary report showing the number of calls, meetings, and other activities by each of our 8 users over a given time period, such as the past week or month. I can't seem to find a way to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction or suggest a method of doing this? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stevewest07
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Help running a report of activity by user

Roy, another thing I just noticed. When I run the report in with the History Summary report the report lists the attempted calls and emails just fine. But for some reason they do not show up in the Classic History Report.

Would anything in particualr cause that?

Steve

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Try the History Summary Classic report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I have tried that report. It shows me the summary of activities, but not by user. Is there something I'm not doing that I should  that will generate the report by user?

Stevewest07 wrote:

I have tried that report. It shows me the summary of activities, but not by user.  

Not on a single report but you can run the report for each user. Select All Users on the General tab and the specific user on the History tab.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Roy, thanks. That works for running the reports by users. But now I have a problem with the reports not showing all of the activities. The reports don't show emails that have been sent or phone calls that have been attempted. The reports do show meetings compelted and calls completed. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Steve

Solution
Accepted by topic author Stevewest07
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Roy, another thing I just noticed. When I run the report in with the History Summary report the report lists the attempted calls and emails just fine. But for some reason they do not show up in the Classic History Report.

Would anything in particualr cause that?

Steve

The History Summary Classic report template is not designed to show those columns.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the tip.

Steve

How to run a company report by state from the data base

Hi..

Sorry to jump into this thread but I am having equal problems trying to figure out how to create a new message on the blog as I am trying to figure out how to run a company report by state for my database. I am a new user, working remote and don't have access to support at this time..

HELP!!

Thx

KK

Let me start by saying that I'm VERY amateur to ACT!

I'm trying to run a similar, but simplified report. I need to run a report that lists each user  and the number of calls, "to-do's", meetings, and closes each user completed in a given period. It doesn't matter if each user has to have his own page or if they're all on the same one. I just need to be able to start tracking this info. Is this a report that's already built, or will I have to build it custom. If I'll have to build it, how do I?