Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help running a report of activity by user

Help running a report of activity by user

[ Edited ]

Let me start by saying that I'm VERY amateur to ACT!

I'm trying to run a simplified version of the History Sumary report. I need to run a report that lists each user  and the number of calls, "to-do's", meetings, and closes each user completed in a given period. I don't need to know what activities were completed, just how many. It doesn't matter if each user has to have his own page or if they're all on the same one. I just need to be able to start tracking this info. Is this a report that's already built, or will I have to build it custom. If I'll have to build it, how do I?

Silver Contributor

Re: Help running a report of activity by user

to get this report in ACT, you would have to run the report one time for each user. There is not a way to run for multiple users grouping by user.  In Crystal Reports, you could make such a report.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Ok, so which report do I run, or if I have to build it, how do I do it?
Copper Contributor

You could ouput a notes / history report to XLS and then do some matches / vlookups on them to pull out the data you are looking for.  Not the most eloquent solution but I started doing some custom reporting through ACT this way.

ACT 2010 Core Certified

That's still a little complicated for me to follow. I only have about a week of experience with ACT!
Copper Contributor

Well there is nothing turn-key or out of the box that will allow you to get the reporting that you desire.  This will take some development using either ACT, SQL, Access, Excel or Crystal Reports.

ACT 2010 Core Certified
Copper Super Contributor

Try Topline Dash. www.toplineresults.com You can download it and install it in about 10 minutes (with ACT! closed). It has exactly what you are looking for. It's called a KPI report. It comes standard with the product and you can customize as needed. Very user friendly. Report creation is wizard driven. Hope that helps.
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com

I'm totally fine with building a custom report, but I need instructions on the how-to that are a little dumbed down. I'm willing to get that report however I need to.
Platinum Elite Contributor

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Are there any other similar resources available?