Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help in creating a smart task based on a group

Help in creating a smart task based on a group

Hello,

I have Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 and here is my dilemma.

I exclusively use the notes section for each contact when I call them.  In other words I don't have my phoneline tied into my contacts at all.

I would like to create a smart task which does the following:

Picks a random group of 30 contacts from a group that I have isolated.  The group is about 2,000 contacts big and on a daily basis I would like to contact 30 of them who have not been "touched" in the past 365 days.  And by "touched" I mean that they have not been edited (i.e the notes section) in the past 365 days.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Adam

Re: Help in creating a smart task based on a group

Any thoughts out there?

Platinum Super Contributor

Adam,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

When a Smart Task is created, the criteria is going to be 'hard set' - meaning that it will find all contacts that match the criteria, it won't be able to randomly select a subset from that grouping.

One way to achieve your goal is to:

- create your Smart Task but do not set it to Auto-Run.

- manually create a Lookup using Lookup > Contact Activity (set 'not changed' since 'date')

- will present the Contact List with matching contacts

- highlight 30 contacts in the list > then select 'Lookup Selected' to isolate these contacts in the Contact List

- run the Smart Task manually through Schedule > Run Smart Task

Since you want to use criteria of 'no change to Notes (and most likely History)', you will need to ensure that that an item is added to the Notes/History for each contact so they will not show up on the next days Lookup.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Greg,

Thank you for writing a potential solution for me. I follow all of your logic below however I'm running into one roadblock.

I've created a group with about 3,000 contacts from which I'll be calling 30 random contacts on a daily basis.

How would one do a Lookup based on (1) that group and (2) 'no change to Notes (and most likely History)'?

In other words I've already done the legwork of finetuning that group and I'd prefer not to manually create a daily lookup.

Hope this makes sense!

Platinum Super Contributor

The only thing I can think of is to create a Lookup from the Group (right click on Group name > select 'Create Lookup').  On the Contact List view, customize the columns to add the field 'Edit Date'.  You can then click on the heading for 'Edit Date' to sort it and show you which contacts have not been updated recently (adding Notes/Histories will update this field) and need to be contacted.

Greg Martin
Sage