Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help With Synchronization

Help With Synchronization

I have three licenses/copies of ACT Premium 2011, 1 that sits on a server, and the other 2 sit on the users' machines.  I set up the database on the server, created the remote database files and set them up on the user machines (as per instructions on Sage website).  I ran about 4 or 5 test contacts, created them on user 1's PC, synced with server, saw them on user 2 and user 1's PC, deleted them from user 2's PC and saw them remove from all three locations.  Seems like everything is fine..Not so much.  User 1 spent most of his weekend uploading 178 contacts into his remote database within ACT!.  He comes in Monday morning, synchronizes the database, no errors...however now he has none of the data on his PC.  I remote into the server and I see the 178 contacts, but 90% of the data for each contact is missing (e-mail, address, phone numbers).  And when I try and re-synch User 1's PC, he doesn't pull down any of the 178 contacts.  Has anyone seen this before or have any suggestions?  Thanks!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Help With Synchronization

Hello mkerr,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If you go to Help > About ACT!, what version (including Hot Fix#) do you have? Is this the same for all machines?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.