Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help! Recreating a Remote Database Without Losing Notes

Help! Recreating a Remote Database Without Losing Notes

Hello,

We just discovered a remote database user who has not been syncing with the main system for the past 3 months.  On the administrator end it says his computer is "ACTIVE" but on his end it says he is "DISABLED".  I understand that this means I will have to recreate his database because once a database has been disabled the only way to reactivate it is by recreating it.  That is fine, however recreating it means he will lose all the notes, histories, etc that have been inputted on his machine over the past 3 months because they were never synced.  Is there a way to keep all those notes and entires by saving or exporting them?  Or is there a way to somehow reactive the database so it will sync? I know we can create a report of all the notes, but there is far too many to manual enter later.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!!!!

Thank you!

-Kimberly

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Help! Recreating a Remote Database Without Losing Notes

Hello Kimberly,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Once a remote database is expired, it can no longer sync to the Publisher database. In order to save unsynced data, you will need to export the unsynced data from the expired remote into a new remote, which can then sync to the Publisher. Please see KB Article 16623 for more information.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.