Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help! Prospects getting unintended calendar invites

Highlighted

Re: Help! Prospects getting unintended calendar invites

Sigh. ACT by Sage is an abject failure in the Google integration department. It's so unacceptable for a client to get a copy of a TO-DO that involves evaluating whether to continue the relationship or possibly something worse. Why didn't users get a warning about this? WHY HAS ACT/SWIFTPAGE NOT SENT AN EXPLICIT WARNING TO EVERY USER THAT THEIR PRODUCT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO CAUSE A SERIOUS DATA BREECH? What If an ACT user schedules a group event with confidential notes about one or two of the attendees without knowing those notes will be sent to the group? Here is where I'm thinking of sending my complaint: Office of the Attorney General Consumer Protection Division PO Box 12548 Austin, TX 78711-2548
Copper Contributor

You are preaching to the choir.   If you read back through this thread you will see that several others, including myself have experienced this same thing.   The last time I checked ACT is still promoting "google integration" and it needs to be promoted more accurately as "google disintegration".    There should be multiple warnings flashing on your screen when you first set up the google sync, that make it very clear what you are about to do when you hit sync.   It is rediculous and filing a complaint may be the best suggestion I have seen yet.  They keep blaming it on Google.  I assure you Google could care less about ACT! so if they want to resolve it they need to figure out a way to write some code that solves the problem, not pass the blame.    

I would hate to guess the cummulative dollar amount of business this has costs ACT! users around the world when they unknowingly send private notes to clients. 

Copper Contributor

I'm dialling in to an Act! v17 Deep Dive later today and hoping that they will confirm the issue is fixed, although I have no information to make me think it will be. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

I understand the seriousness of this problem. 

We have checked in a potential solution to v17 today and are waiting QA verification. Once validated we will investigate the potential of providing a hotfix.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Benjamin Lederer

Product Manager, Act! 

Copper Contributor

When/if this gets resolved there should either be a Hotfix or free upgrade to the latest Version for every person who ever purchased ACT! since it was first promoted as having Google Integration.    I still have not received the product I supposedly purchased when I bought ACT! 2012, which was the first year I think they started promoting Google Integration.  I think I have paid for two upgrades since then.  It pains me to say this but after using ACT! since the dos version in the early 90's I am going to dump it, if they don't get this working seamlessly.    Too many people are using Google for me not to be able to connect and communicate with them. 

Copper Contributor

Yep.. I have to agree about some sort of upgrade (at the minimum free for those of us who have been discussing this for a few years), I ditched my Act! almost immediately because of the Google intgration issue (One of the the main reasons I wanted ACT!)...and have been using other apps. I love ACT!....love it and would love to return home, but really needed this one factor to have some reconciliation.

xoxo all!

Copper Contributor

Benjamin,

Can you give the ACT users on this thread an update on the progress to resolve this issue with a Hotfix?   

Thanks in advance.

Bronze Contributor

ditto on the progress update.  Bit me again today.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Bronze Contributor

Ok, everybody.  Add this to your test script for Beta testing.  This has to be fixed soon.  i had a very very angry customer today.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Silver Contributor

Until this is fixed there MUST BE a flag warning when setting up the ACT to GMail link that this will happen.