Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help Me!! I need to Sync ACT with my BlackBerry or Nokia Phone

Help Me!! I need to Sync ACT with my BlackBerry or Nokia Phone

Hi All!  Let me thank you in advance for your help.

I will soon be purchasing my first smartphone.  Either a BlackBerry or the Nokia E71.  However, I've been reading forums at both BlackBerry and Nokia sites and am getting quite discouraged.  I love ACT, I believe it's the best CRM out there, and I'm not willing to switch from it.  So, with your help, here is what I need to accomplish:

1) Sync my smartphone with ACT to receive contacts.  Ideally I could edit a contact on my phone or computer and the other device would update wirelessly/continuously. 

2) Sync my smarthphone with ACT to receive my calendar.  My entire calendar is stored in ACT, with histories, upcoming meetings, etc.  I'm not willing to switch from ACT.  Same as above, I'd like to be able to edit calendar entries and have either device update wirelessly/continuously. 

From what I've read out there, neither BlackBerry's Desktop Manager nor Nokia's PC Suite has support for ACT.  So, how the heck am I supposed to accomplish the 2 items above?!!?  From what I know there is no solution, short of paying for a product like companionlink, which I am not willing to do.  I've paid a ton of money for ACT, a phone, and data service, I do not believe I should need an extra 3rd party software.

PS - Our company uses a Lotus Notes server --> Any way I can tell Act to continuously push calendar and contacts to Lotus, and then from Lotus to the phone???

Anyone have any thoughts, what the heck can I do? 

Thank you,

Nickel Contributor

Re: Help Me!! I need to Sync ACT with my BlackBerry or Nokia Phone

One option would be Companion Link

Thanks for the suggestion of CompanionLink.  They even make a program called DoubleNotes which supposedly would work.

However I think it's a little crazy that I'd have to spend another $100 to get everything working the way I need it.  With smartphones and ACT there should be an included way to get them to work together.  This is craziness.

Any other ideas?

TYIA,

I use companion link and just make sure to do any changes through ACT for the most part. It will sync up from the Blackberry but the formatting is not exactly the same.
Nickel Contributor

Copper Contributor

If you are based in Europe - You can always contact this company: http://www.i-commotion.be/

They can provide you with the services you need

Declan D

I take it you are using CompanionLink's program DoubleNotes to sync ACT to your BlackBerry and vice versa?  Besides what you mention below, how do you like it?  Is it pretty easy to map what fields from ACT go to what fields in the BB, set-up pretty straightforward?

TYIA,

Tuned Listener

As far as I'am concerned, Companion Link does not support NokiaE71 or other Symbian phones.

I also have NokiaE71, but still found no way to syncronise contacts. Smiley Sad 

Bronze Elite Contributor

for some of the Symbian phones you can use CompanionLink to sync to Google Calendar and sync Google to the phone. Hot.
-MM
World Famous ACT! Certified Consultant @ www.ActiveSales.net
Copper Contributor

Michael hit it on the dot.  Google has launched a free over-the-air sync service called Google Sync.  It's a no-brainer if you're looking for free OTA sync.

Here's the link for the CompanionLink web page about syncing ACT! to Symbian phones using Google.