Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help! Importing data

Help! Importing data

I hope someone can help - Is it possible to import data in to a contacts 'notes'?

Is it possible to may be map fields so that when i export data from my website to excel, i can then import the 'notes/data'' I have made on the speciific agent(s) or contacts in their contact in act?

Does that make sense?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Help! Importing data

To create a contact Note, in the mapping screen for the import - map to 'Add to ACT! Notes'.
Greg Martin
Sage

So if I have to update all my agent network contacts in act, which is around 700 people, and they all have notes I need to put in to 'notes' in Act -  it'll be possible to do that ? 

How does it know how to put the notes in to a particular contacts notes in act though? I must be missing something because when i go through the wizard it doesnt ask me where it is going - do i start the wizard after I have created a look up of the agents?

The file being imported will need to contain identifiers for the contacts to be updated. For example: contact name.

You will also need to check the 'Duplicate Checking' settings found under the Tools > Preferences > Admin tab. Ensure the settings match the identifying field(s) provided in the file to be imported.
Greg Martin
Sage

Lovely job, thank you!

Where can I learn all this stuff? The real detail of the program?

You are very welcome!

There are several options for learning the Sage ACT! product:

Free:

Of course, you are now familiar with the Community - an excellent resource!

To get an overview of the features, I recommend the 'Feature Tours' under the Help menu, within the program.  They are short videos to give an idea of the functions.  From there, I would look at the Knowledgebase - it contains both How-To and Issue articles.

Another good resource is the ACT! Demo database.  It is installed with the ACT! program, contains test data covering most scenarios, and you can modify it to test the results of different actions.  Should you need it, the user name is 'Chris Huffman' and there is no password (leave it blank).

Paid:

There are training videos available through the ACT! website at: Online Training

There are a few books available;  a search in Amazon will bring up most - such as Sage ACT! QuickStudy Guide, Sage ACT! Cookbook, and ACT! for Dummies. 

If you would like a trainer to come onsite - you can contact an ACT! Premier Trainers (APT) for in-depth instruction.  An APT can be found at this web site: Onsite Education

Greg Martin
Sage

Help Please, I am having all sorts of problems with TXT delimiteed files.

CAn't get them to import.

Colin.

Hi Greg,  Having trouble with the import.

I started a new database and imported a txt file no proble.

only 3 records as a test.

When I used the same txt file to import the 3 records into my main database nothing came in.??

????Puzzleing

Regards

Colin.

I am using Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0 version

Colin