Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help !!! E-Mail Preferences Lost - How to Restore ?

Copper Contributor

Help !!! E-Mail Preferences Lost - How to Restore ?

I have Act Premium 2012 ... and have an extensive setup for email using both Outlook 2010 and the ACT email ...

I have used this with no problems (expect for memory leak issues) for two years ...

This morning when I logged in, I went to send an email with the ACT email, and the message popped up stating that no email has been setup and do I wish to setup now ? All the setup has been lost ? It took me over four hours to set up all the accounts, signatures with images, etc ... so I would like to know what file(s) from my backup done nightly can I restore to get it all back ?

What files hold this information ... and if possible what would cause this ?

Copper Contributor

Re: Help !!! E-Mail Preferences Lost - How to Restore ?

I can't believe I am not getting one reply to this issue ???

Is ACT that bad that everyone knows (but me) that this happens, and there is no file to restore ?

Re: Help !!! E-Mail Preferences Lost - How to Restore ?

AEII,

The email preferences are stored with the preference for the Act! program.  If you came across a problem where you had to delete your preferences, those preferences would be lost.  Did you have an issue where you needed to contact technical support or an Act! Certified Consultant?  If so, it would depend on if they removed the preferences, or backed them up.

There are also other considerations to why these settings may have reverted.  Network security could have what is known as a logon script that runs each time you log into your computer.  Some antivirus programs will monitor the folder where the preferences are located (%appdata%\ACT\Act Data\Preferences) and revert them to what they think a 'good' version is.

What happened between when you put in your preferences, and the message saying they were gone?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com