Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help! Adding a field in the customize columns option in Task List

EVR

Help! Adding a field in the customize columns option in Task List

Help!! I'm a newbie and am trying to customize my Act! 2010 prem . so far so good but have been hung up on a couple of issues.

I am trying to add fields to my task list and that is proving to be a challenge. I have found my way into the “Customize Columns” list however the field(s) I want to add are not on the “available field” list. I want to add the "ID/Status" list from the contact page as well as the "Industry" list from the companies page.

Also I want to take the “Industry” drop down list and add it to the contact page and was wondering how to do that as well.

Thanks so much in advance!

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Help! Adding a field in the customize columns option in Task List

When viewing the Task List, you can only add a couple of Contact fields, not all of them (like ID/Status).  Same for the contact list -- you only see contact data, not company, activity, history, etc. data. 

Take a look at http://www.toplineresults.com/products/toplinedash/index.htm for this functionality.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

The task list will only display fields that are in the activities database table. The fileds you want to add are located in the contact database table. The company and contact fields in the task list are actually in the activities table, they are replicated from the contact table.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Silver Contributor

Here is a work around that might get you through.  You cannot add these fields to the task list. (Durkin Computing - Task List Plus can do this)

But, one Idea would be to Set your task list (for example, Activiities for Today), then Select all your tasks, then choose Right Click and Go to Contact. This will make a lookup of all contacts in the contact list (where you can customize the collumns).

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Bronze Elite Contributor

If you are trying to select Activities  based on contacts with particular ID/Status and Industry attributes I suggest that you;

1. Run a Lookup or Advanced Query on that basis; e.g.[Lookup Industry = x, Narrow by ID/Status =y]

2. Create a Group.

3. Populate the Group with the Lookup

4. Select the Activities tab in that group and you have created the filtered tasks in a list.  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog