Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Having trouble with Reports

Having trouble with Reports

I am unable to get some reports to work. I am trying to run a Company Summary report with just the history reporting. I select All Companies from the companies tab, uncheck everything from the Activity, Note, and Opportunity tab and I check only History on the History tab. I click ok and a page comes up that says the report is running but it never finishes. It either loads the login screen with an error message or returns this error, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. " Anybody have any idea what is going on?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Having trouble with Reports

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

Is it the Web version?

Maybe try this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/5mtmq5

ACT! by Sage Premium for Web 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1 English (United States)

This is the first time we have used ACT. There isn't a previous version of ACT.

I guessed the Web version when you said the login page comes up... for next time, you should post Web questions in the ACT! Premium area.

Does it work with one company?

I'm having trouble with reports also: pictures I add to report templates do not appear in the preview or run mode; when I try to build my own reports I cannot get fields such as "history" or "notes" to show data.

It does not work with one company.

ckunerth1 wrote:
It does not work with one company.

How about with the demo database?

jspact wrote:
I'm having trouble with reports also: pictures I add to report templates do not appear in the preview or run mode; when I try to build my own reports I cannot get fields such as "history" or "notes" to show data.

As this thread is actually to do with the Web version, you might find it better to create a new thread for your question... make sure you mention the ACT! version

Just check the demo and that appears to pull the reports I want fine. Any idea why it would work in the demo but not the database we use?