Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Having trouble moving RDB file from Server to Laptop

Copper Contributor

Having trouble moving RDB file from Server to Laptop

Hello,  I just successfully upgraded from ACT 2010 Pro to 2012 Premium on a Windows 7 Desktop and Windows 7 Laptop.   I had (Application) synchronization working before on the 2010 version and am trying to get it up and running on 2012 Premium with Network Sync Service.  Successfully created my RDB and Sync set on the Desktop system.    Next I copied my RDB file to a USB portable storage device and confirmed it copied properly.   Next I attached the USB portable storage device to my Laptop and here's where I have the problem.  When I go to the folder where I saved the RDB file when I was on the Desktop system, this folder appears to be empty when attached to my Laptop system - no RDB file to be found.  I plugged back in to the Desktop system and I can see it there.   Possibly somthing to do with permissions or lack there-of.    Any ideas why I cannot see (and therefore cannot copy) this file from the perspective of my Laptop system?       Thanks,

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Having trouble moving RDB file from Server to Laptop

Hello tedaron,
This may sound simplistic, but when you connect to the laptop, are you checking all your removable drives? You may just be opening the wrong drive letter. Of course it could be an issue with the USB device or port on the laptop. If the laptop is connected to the network, just copy/paste it to a shared directory.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Having trouble moving RDB file from Server to Laptop

Greg:  OK,  I did another copy to the USB drive and put it in another location and this time I found it.  Not sure what happened the first time.   Thanks for the idea(s).   Problem solved.