Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Having issue with Word & changes to global template. is it an Add In issue?

Copper Contributor

Having issue with Word & changes to global template. is it an Add In issue?

I've been having this problem for a while.  I restart the laptop and somehow changes to Word global template have been made and a request to approve the changes prompt appears.  I don't think I'm making the changes.  This is a new laptop, new install of Microsoft Office 2016 / 365& Act Premium V20.7 and the issue is starting up again.  I'm going through the handful of fixes recommended by Microsoft.  2 of the recommendations are to remove COMs and Add Ins.  The only ones I have connected to Word are the ones from ACT!  Am I the only one experiencing this issue?  I did not see a query in the community about this issue.

"changes have been made that affect the global template, Normal.  Do you want to save these changes?"

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Having issue with Word & changes to global template. is it an Add In issue?

[ Edited ]

Have this problem on my own system (19.1 and Office 2010)  from time to time. I associate it with an ACT! crash and the consecutive reboot. Probably the ACT! crash happened with some WINWORD.exe running in the background (no UI visible) that was started by ACT some time before. Reboot terminates this WINWORD.EXE and restarts it after reboot with some "open file restore function". Just an educated guess....

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Copper Contributor

Re: Having issue with Word & changes to global template. is it an Add In issue?

[ Edited ]

I rarely have an ACT crash.  I looked at a Windows update applied last night and likely required a reboot.  I'm looking at the steps of how to prevent automatic update & reboot.  I usually just close the laptop with all apps open (Outlook, Chrome, Act, Excel, etc.) and restart it every 2-3 days. Maybe this is causing the change of global template issue?