Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Having Difficulties Backing Up my database (Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2)

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Having Difficulties Backing Up my database (Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2)

I am trying to back up my ACT database. I go to File/Back Up/Database. I am choosing a location other than the default (C:\Users\Harold\Documents\ACT\ACT Data\Backup). When I specify the location, I get an error, which says;

"The following error occurred during backup.

Path to data source is invalid. The backup did not complete."

This happens if I choose the path where I want the backup files to be deposited, or use the default location (see above path).

I have backed up my files previously without an issue. How do I fix this?

I am running Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2, on Windows 7 Professional, Version 6.1, Build 7601: Service Pack 1

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author HaroldSJS
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Having Difficulties Backing Up my database (Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2)

I followed the instructions in the KB. However some of the instructions don't happen on my computer.

Example:

In the right side column, locate the database files folder associated with your database and right click on it. These did not appear. I had to right click on the ACT line in the center column and feel my way through there.

Despite the poorly, and less than accurately written instructions in the KB, I got it to work!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Having Difficulties Backing Up my database (Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2)

Hello Harold:
What is the path you are using?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

For the npon default path, I am using F:\. I tried using the default path just changing the drive letter. Usally that will not be an issue. It does ask for my persmission to create the new folder, which I clik OK in response to. But even when doing that, I get the same an message. See screen shot 1. I also enclosed a copy of the other error. See screen shot 2.

Screen shot 1--->Path Does not exist.jpg

Screen shot 2--->Save as problem.jpg

Unfortunately, the ACT! Scheduler does not work well with mapped drives and network paths. You will need to have the backup point to a local drive on the machine where you are creating the backup task.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

The F:\ drive I want to use is a USB drive connected to my lap top. I have backed up to this drive before. I can not even back up to the default path on my local machine.

Pictorially this is my step-by-step procedure;

1. Default Path

Default Path.jpg

2. Would you like to replace file?

would you like to replace file.jpg

3. Path to outsource is invalid.

Path to datasource is invalid.jpg

When I do this I click OK (step 1 & 3) and Yes (step 2)

As far as I can tell, this has nothing to do with ACT! Scheduler.

As I stated above, I have backed up my files, to my computer previously without issue, and I have backed up to my USB drive previously, also with issue.

The error in the third image indicates a permissions issue with the database files. Please see this Knowledgebase article for more information:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2782...

Greig Hollister

Solution
Accepted by topic author HaroldSJS
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I followed the instructions in the KB. However some of the instructions don't happen on my computer.

Example:

In the right side column, locate the database files folder associated with your database and right click on it. These did not appear. I had to right click on the ACT line in the center column and feel my way through there.

Despite the poorly, and less than accurately written instructions in the KB, I got it to work!

Thanks!