Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Has anyone experienced .NET Runtime 2.0 Errors...

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Has anyone experienced .NET Runtime 2.0 Errors...

Sleep is for wussies Smiley Very Happy

As for buying the licenses its the best option and the cheapest as far as I can tell.  You buy a single disc with multiple licenses.  Plus try to find outlook 2003 on the open market.  They don't exist or if you do you're buying them one at a time.

My biggest beef is that there are still errors like GDI+ and other assorted network errors even after I disable all f/walls on all computers and place a f/wall at the modem and not the router.  If you can help speed my network well then you sold me on this program Smiley Very Happy
V Flores
ACE Packaging Inc.
Package Design or Standard offerings we have it all. New car scent will cost extra.
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

I'll get enough sleep when I'm dead Man Wink

Maybe try the MS Corporate Licensing... they (I think) allow you to install different versions.

Speeding up networks is easy (for me).... but not remotely Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

How about some tips on improving access speed for act! over a network.  What things should I look out for?
V Flores
ACE Packaging Inc.
Package Design or Standard offerings we have it all. New car scent will cost extra.
Highlighted

With ACT! 9/10, the issue is rarely network bandwidth (unless you're talking 50+ concurrent users)

Speed issues are usually related to the server... low RAM, low HDD speed, processor... or worst, running Exchange on the same system :-(
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

The outlook plugin is more stable in ACT! 10 because they changed the way it access the outlook APIs. to make it more stable and reliable.
I would advise to cut your losses and upgrade to ACT! 10 now. The license cost is probably less than what your time is worth.
Jeremy Wesley
MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCSD, ACC, APT, A++
www.act.expert
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Well the server I have is fairly fast.  Running a Raid10 with 4 drives a dual opteron cpu with 4gb ram.  The network is 100BaseT with Cat5e.  How can I check for this MS exchange b/c I do not think I have it running on the server.  How would I check? The problem I see is access time at start up and if there are multiple calender events for their daily calender.  Any way to speed the access time up?

As for upgrading.  I did that last time when all the other systems migrated to Framework 2.0.  I didn't like the fact that 2005 didn't work with the new upgrade when other systems made the transition easily (like my UPS and DHL programs.)  I will wait for another year perhaps to pay off this upgrade to 2007.  Maybe I will see more functional value from v2009.  As for now it looks like the same dog different color.  Besides I have just started using 60% of the features that 2007 has.  I want to explore the rest of the features if they are of value before I upgrade again and start the learning curve all over from scratch. 

You have to also consider the computer savvy of most employees.  They want their system thought out and fairly automated.  I personally want to take the guess work out of selling and I have my hands full trying to improve the system we currently employ instead of throwing a new ACT! program into the mix with a whole bunch of features we probably won't use for the next 6-8 months. 
V Flores
ACE Packaging Inc.
Highlighted

What do you have running on the server or is it just hosting ACT!?

The issue that ACT! 2005 had when .Net Framework 2.0 was installed was fixed in a patch. Microsot had said that the versions were protected from other other... they were wrong.

ACT! 2008 is definately the fastest and most stable version of ACT! to date.

The best thing to do is build a relationship with a local ACT! Certified Consultant (I'm not one, so this isn't bias Smiley Indifferent )... they can help you plan for upgrades, cover the points that are important for each new version and show you how to optimise the system on your environment.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Essentially the server is just that a file server.  Running WinXPpro.  No programs run on it.  Firewall disabled.  Programs that access it is outlook to archive emails (once a month per computer with an active email account), the folders are mapped and users have access to these folders with full read/write capabilities.  Accounting software (2 users) -- Quickbooks, I do have outlook on this server and it does have an email address with the ACT integration.  Would that be the issue here?  Should I just disable the outlook integration completely?  Uninstall the MS office suite and just have it (server) run bare bones? 
V Flores
ACE Packaging Inc.
Highlighted

Well, you're obviously running ACT! and MS SQL server on it :-)

What email server do you use?

What do you use Outlook for on the file server?
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Email Server is a POP3 and its offsite.
Outlook on the Fileserver, it's just for backup and testing. 

Have a number of other system related programs running.  Main users (10MB+)

BitDefender
ACT.Scheduler.exe
Apache.exe  - i checked my installed program list and it's not on the list. But it's on the task manager. 
Quickbooks Server Utility Manager.exe
explorer
Sql server
quickbooks db manager
svchost
pbeagent (Power Chute my backup power controller)

V Flores
ACE Packaging Inc.