Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Has anyone experienced .NET Runtime 2.0 Errors...

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: Has anyone experienced .NET Runtime 2.0 Errors...

Act! by Sage 2007 9.0.1.162 Hotfix 2
Not sure when it happens...with email I think...
Have done all but upgrading to Act! 2008

Thanks Mike...I can see why people really like you.

Wayne
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

So the error only happens some times?

Anyone who says they like me is probably lying ;-)
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Yes, it happens every 4 or 5 days.
Highlighted

Have you tried a Detect and Repair in Outlook?
Can you note when it happens to see if it is email?
Highlighted

I've done everything possible - no joy. First I created a test computer with MS Windows 2000 and installed MS Office 2003 - I could still produce the error. Next I created a test computer with Windows XP and installed MS Office 2000 - I could still produce the error. I could try XP and Office 2003 but that's not really an option here anyway. Seems like a good solid engineer/support tech at ACT could put 2 and 2 together but unfortunately you don't get to talk to folks like that. My last attempt will be to create a virtual at home (away from any office/network interference) and see if it follows me. Cheers Jerry
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

geraldg wrote:
I've done everything possible - no joy. First I created a test computer with MS Windows 2000 and installed MS Office 2003 - I could still produce the error. Next I created a test computer with Windows XP and installed MS Office 2000 - I could still produce the error. I could try XP and Office 2003 but that's not really an option here anyway. Seems like a good solid engineer/support tech at ACT could put 2 and 2 together but unfortunately you don't get to talk to folks like that. My last attempt will be to create a virtual at home (away from any office/network interference) and see if it follows me. Cheers Jerry

So, new installs (2000/2003 and XP/2000) and ACT! 9.01 with Hotfix 3?

Can you get the error from the demo database?

Message Edited by GLComputing on 04-02-2008 05:44 AM
Highlighted

Well now I can report that I'm still having the same problem even with XP.  I put together a Desktop on our network with XP (but still Outlook 2000).  I can still generate the .NET Runtime 2.0 Error fairly easily.  I am also doing this against the demo database to limit being distracted by our live system.   My version is 9.0.1.162 Horfix 3

I'm guessing this is a problem with my configuration of network, firewalls, virus detection....since nobody else seems to have this problem.    I'm not used to  being "stuck" with a problem - especially after paying premium support.

Smiley Mad 

Highlighted

Highlighted

Both Screen and event log - Screen says "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience" 

The corresponding event log references .NET Runtime 2.0 Error.

If I simply remove the "Act Address Book" service I will never encounter the error again. 

Highlighted

I'm guessing that Outlook 2000 is having an issue with .Net 2.0.

I've done a bit of checking... what service pack for Windows 2000 are you running?

Have you also tried ACT! 9.0.1 hotfix 1 or hotfix 3? They might connect slightly differently.

BTW: ACT! 2008 no-longer has support for Outlook 2000 or Windows 2000 at all as MS doesn't support them either.